Recipe by Bearsbaby03
a great one dish meal my grandma claims she made up in the early 40's as a bride when grandpa and her lived in a tiny apartment in Chicago and money was tight and she needed a one pot wonder. This is one of my faves and my kids love it too!!!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Made this for dinner Saturday and it is, indeed, a complete meal! Wasn't sure what kind of hamburger seasoning, so used some Montreal steak seasoning. Will have to have this again. Thnx for posting, Bearsbaby03. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
- 1 lb ground chuck (cooked & and drained)
- 15 ounces sliced stewed tomatoes, in juice
- 12 slices American cheese or 12 slices Velveeta cheese
- 12 ounces egg noodles (cooked,salted,And drained)
- 3 teaspoons real butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of hamburger seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- in a cast iron skillet brown your ground chuck and season with garlic, hamburger seasoning, salt and pepper. Drain meat set aside. Then cook your egg noodles with boiling ,salted water til al dente' drain and set aside for later. Add the butter to your noodles to melt in . Place your cooked, drained, buttered noodles in a well greased lasagna- type pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On top of the noodles add your meat. then open up your canned sliced stewed tomatoes. Pour over the top of the meat and noodles. Then top with the cheese and bake til cheese is melted and the casserole is hot throughout.