24 hrs 20 mins
I came up with this recipe when my boys were just being…boys. Their clothing was not getting clean with the standard Fels soap recipe. I found myself adding more of this and that and so I just designed this recipe. I make no claims except that it works for my messy, grass stained, paint slathered, dirt ground in boys clothes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 bar fels naptha laundry detergent, grated
- 2/3 bar kirks castile soap bar, grated
- 2 cups washing soda
- 2 cups borax
- 1/4 cup glycerin
- 2 gallons hot water
- 20 -30 drops essential oils, suggested Rosemary, Lavendar, Tea Tree
- 1Place 1 quart of water into a medium pot over medium heat. Add the Fels and Kirks and stir until melted.
- 2Add the Soda and Borax and mix until the mixture thickens.
- 3Place one 1/2 gallon of Hot water into a three or four gallon bucket and then pour into it the soap mixture and stir well.
- 4Add the glycerin and essential oils to the mixture and fill to the two gallon mark on your bucket or simply add another 5 quarts of hot water.
- 5The glycerin acts as a stain remover and the essential oils suggested have antibacterial and/or antifungal properties.
- 6Set in a safe place to cool for 24 hours.
- 7Stir and use 1/2 cup to 1 cup per wash load depending on size and level of soiling.
- 8You can also use this directly on stains as a pretreatment.
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma's Liquid Laundry Soap
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: