Recipe by Maeven6
This is a wonderful soup. I came up with it because I liked the instant packets but with a large family needed a larger inexpensive version. My children ages 4 and up enjoy this one too. It is a light flavorful soup that is also quick and easy to make. I prepare this with preminced garlic and jarred shredded ginger for ease and speed, staples in my kitchen.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 chinese red peppers (optional)
- 1 carrot, finely sliced discs
- 1⁄2 cup diced firm tofu (1/4-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded pickled ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 ounces woodear mushrooms
- 2 green onions, some tops too
- 3 tablespoons frozen greens
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tofu, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl to marinade. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Place broth into a pot with the sliced carrot. Put on Medium high heat.
- Put dice onions, mince woodear mushrooms and frozen greens into a small bowl.
- When the broth comes to a boil let simmer 1 minute. Add Tofu mixture and stir. Save bowl.
- Add Onions and mushrooms mixture to the broth stir.
- Place the eggs in the toful bowl, add white pepper and beat well.
- Gentle pour egg mixture over soup and stir.
- I serve this alone for lunch or with spring rolls and stir fried rice for a full dinner.