1/1 Photo of Ma's Delmonico Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
This is my Mother's adaptation of the famous restaurant's specialty. She's been making it for 40 years, and has passed the torch to me. It is what I am always asked to bring for Christmas and Easter dinner. So savory and even better heated up the next day. I have also added chunks of ham and frozen peas for a one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a greased 4 quart casserole.
- 2Shred cheese.
- 3Melt butter in saucepan.
- 4Mix flour, salt, dry mustard, cayenne, pepper and paprika; add to melted butter.
- 5Cook, stirring with whisk constantly, until bubbly.
- 6Add milk and continue stirring until mixture starts to become thick.
- 7Begin adding shredded cheese by the handful, stirring all the while.
- 8Continue cooking and stirring until mixture has boiled about 5 minutes (to cook flour, to prevent a "floury" taste).
- 9Pour cheese sauce over potatoes.
- 10Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until bubbly and beginning to brown on top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma's Delmonico Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 430.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g