1/1 Photo of Ma's Best Cheese Cornbread
This is a rich moist cornbread and served with greens or peas it is a full meal in itself. This cornbread and a glass of milk or buttermilk will fill the hungriest boy or man.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (white optional)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup oil (coconut is what I use)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 (2 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Spray a 9x13-inch pan and set aside.
- 2Mix all your dry ingredients and set aside, the first 4 listed here.
- 3Beat your eggs in a medium to large bowl and then add the rest of your moist items, the rest.
- 4Gently stir the dry into the moist. It will be a bit lumpy or can. Do not over mix.
- 5Pour it into your sprayed 9x13-inch pan.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean. Remember it is a moist bread.
- 7If it starts to brown too early cover lay foil over the top for the last 5-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ma's Best Cheese Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 606.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g