Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is at least 40 yrs old and is still one of the best. Nice & moist.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add bananas and eggs, stir well.
- Add sour cream.
- Sift flour and baking soda and add.
- Mix in nuts.
- Pour batter into either greased tube cake pan, 2 round layer cake pans or 9x13 pan.
- Bake approx.
- 1 hr.
- at 325.
- Good with chocolate or cream cheese frosting.
Awesome, Easy, Yummy GOODNESS! Ive made it twice and highly recommend trying it.
Verygood cake. I did cut the sugar down to 1 1/2 cups,and made recipe as posted. Made for Spring Pick a chef 2010,
very delicious and moist. I used a buttercream (with a dab of marshmallow cream frosting and added pecans as a finish. Loved it, thanks!!