Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These 1" truffles are perfect for the coming holidays. Am going to suggest that include these in our Thanksgiving Dinner for the entire homes residents' and their families. Found these on odense.som. Allow at least 2 hours, chilling time.
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces (Hershey Special Dark Chocolate bars)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces marzipan
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (Hershey cocoa, for topping)
- finely chopped almonds (For topping)
- Grate the marzipan on a box grater.
- In a double boiler, on medium heat, add the chocolate, heavy cream and grated marzipan. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula or dry wooden spoon.
- Mixture should be melted and smooth in about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on wire rack.
- Whisk in amaretto liqueur. Cool bowl on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Working quickly, scoop out a rounded teaspoon, and roll into a ball.
- Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder or/& finely chopped almonds.
- If the balls become too soft to work with, put in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Put in tiny paper cups and enjoy.