Recipe by andypandy
nice tiny squares, still a christmas favourite..Have requests to make these all the time..
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Surprised this has only had 1 other rating. These are one of our favorite squares - any time of the year. Of course at Xmas they are tinted pink and green, but that is not necessary if you don t have coloring. Taste great.........highly recommend.
- 1 pie pastry, to line a 11 x 7 pan
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jelly, to cover pastry, about
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 7 x 11 brownie pan with your favourite pie pastry.
- Spread a seedless raspberry jam lightly over unbaked pastry.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until fluffy.
- Add rice flour, and salt.
- Divide batter into three different bowls.
- Green food colour into one and mix until desired colour.
- Red colour into the other and mix well until a nice pink.
- Leave the third white.
- Dot a tablespoon of each batter allover the jam topped pastry.
- leaving a marbling effect.
- Distributing evenly.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30- 35 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Frost by blending the remaining butter, milk, almond flavour and icing powder.
- Make a creamy frosting and frost top of cake.
- Cut into little squares.