Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Posted for ZWT6 for Benelux leg of tour. Cook time is chilling time.
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 large egg white
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Grind almonds in food processor. Add powdered sugar, rose water and egg. Blend until very smooth.
- Remove and wrap in a clean, damp kitchen towel. Place in plastic bag and rest overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator. Break off pieces of dough and roll into 1" balls.
- Place cocoa in bag, starting with about a 1/2 cup. Toss a ball into cocoa. Shake bag until ball is lightly covered in cocoa. Remove and continue until all of dough is used, adding additional cocoa as needed.