Recipe by TammieV
A 19th Century treat added in response to a thread. This candy Traditionaly eaten for good luck on the New Year.
- 1 lb blanched almond, pulverized (suggest food processor, here)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons rose water or 8 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 cloves
- 1 package slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together almond paste, sugar and rose water (or egg white) into a workable consistancy.
- Shape into a hedgehog body, head, snout and ears.
- The inside of ears may be colored with cinnamon.
- Carefully attach body parts, then add cloves for eyes.
- Press slivered almonds into body so they stand up resembling spines.
- Air dry.