Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A 19th Century treat added in response to a thread. This candy Traditionaly eaten for good luck on the New Year.
- Beat together almond paste, sugar and rose water (or egg white) into a workable consistancy.
- Shape into a hedgehog body, head, snout and ears.
- The inside of ears may be colored with cinnamon.
- Carefully attach body parts, then add cloves for eyes.
- Press slivered almonds into body so they stand up resembling spines.
- Air dry.