Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) cans almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 16 ounces hershey special dark chocolate
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- In a large bowl, cut almond paste into chunks; add egg whites, 2 tablespoons amaretto, 4 teaspoons almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar (small amount at a time) to stiffen.
- Add almond extract, amaretto, sugar and cornstarch until dough is stiff and tastes the way you like it.
- Chill overnight, then roll into balls.
- Melt chocolates together over double boiler (or melt in microwave).
- Dip balls in chocolate and chill in refrigerator.