Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Much better than store bought!
Make and share this Marzipan from Scratch recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl cover almonds with boiling water.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Drain and skin by pressing down on one end forcing the nut to pop out of it's skin.
- In a food processor grind WARM nuts for 2 minutes or until finely ground.
- Add icing sugar and mix for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Blend in almond extract.
- Blend in corn syrup.
- With the motor running pour in enough of the egg white to form a ball.
- Remove and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours or until firm.
- ***Thiscan be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks, in the freezer for 3 months.