1/1 Photo of Marzipan Date Bars
This is the third installment of my date bar experiments! I love dates and I love to see what I can make out of them! I put a layer of marzipan in these date bars and they turned out really good! I hope you like them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped dates (I like Amport brand)
- 1 (7 ounce) package pure almond paste (I use Odense brand)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter and both sugars together in a large bowl.
- 3Add egg and vanilla then blend well. Next add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 4Add oats and dates and stir to blend.
- 5Press half the date mixture into an ungreased 8X8 glass baking dish.
- 6Roll the almond paste between 2 sheets of wax paper to form an 8X8 square.
- 7Place the almond paste on top of the date layer in the dish and press into place.
- 8Put the rest of the date mix on top of the marzipan layer and press it flat on top.
- 9Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes or more before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marzipan Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 158.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g