Recipe by s'kat
These were based upon Bergy's 'World's Best Cookies', but I think these truly may it! This large, soft cookie is like biting into warm marzipan. At least it is if you eat them as soon as they pop out of the oven (as I have been known to do!).
Top Review by Roxi J.
These were really good cookies! I only gave it 4 stars though because I had to change the recipe a little after breaking a wooden spoon while mixing the dough. I did get a good upper body work out before adding 1 more egg and 1/4 cup of water. I also used bran cereal next time I may play with it a little and used corn flakes.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crushed cereal, flakes (I use Post Bran Flakes)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup ghiradelli milk chocolate chips
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add cocoa, egg, oil, and almond, beating well.
- Mix in oats, flakes, coconut, and chips.
- Stir well.
- Blend together flour, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl.
- Add to creamed mixture and stir well.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, if desired, to firm up dough.
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Drop rounded Tablespoonfulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Press down with a fork, dipped in cold water.
- Smooth any cracks around the edge with your fingers.
- Bake at 325 for 11- 15 minutes.
- You may wish to keep a careful eye on the time, as it depends on how big you make the cookie.
- Do not overbake, but these are perfect when slightly underbaked.