These were based upon Bergy's 'World's Best Cookies', but I think these truly may it! This large, soft cookie is like biting into warm marzipan. At least it is if you eat them as soon as they pop out of the oven (as I have been known to do!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crushed cereal, flakes (I use Post Bran Flakes)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup ghiradelli milk chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2Add cocoa, egg, oil, and almond, beating well.
- 3Mix in oats, flakes, coconut, and chips.
- 4Stir well.
- 5Blend together flour, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl.
- 6Add to creamed mixture and stir well.
- 7Refrigerate for 15 minutes, if desired, to firm up dough.
- 8Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- 9Drop rounded Tablespoonfulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- 10Press down with a fork, dipped in cold water.
- 11Smooth any cracks around the edge with your fingers.
- 12Bake at 325 for 11- 15 minutes.
- 13You may wish to keep a careful eye on the time, as it depends on how big you make the cookie.
- 14Do not overbake, but these are perfect when slightly underbaked.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marzipan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3087.8
- Calories from Fat 1588
- Total Fat 176.4 g
- Saturated Fat 82.7 g
- Cholesterol 353.0 mg
- Sodium 2530.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 343.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 113.1 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: