I am partial to marzipan and this cake full of almond paste, ground almonds and almond extract satisfies my cravings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour a 9" cake pan.
- 3Cream the almond paste with the butter and sugar.
- 4Mix in the almonds.
- 5In a small bowl, beat the eggs lightly with almond extract and add to the creamed mixture.
- 6Combine the flour and baking powder and stir into butter mixture.
- 7Mix with a few strokes as possible.
- 8Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 9Do not over bake!
- 10Heat water and preserves and brush on the top of warm cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marzipan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3107.4
- Calories from Fat 1474
- Total Fat 163.8 g
- Saturated Fat 41.6 g
- Cholesterol 545.0 mg
- Sodium 885.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 368.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.9 g
- Sugars 211.4 g
- Protein 65.6 g