Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Mix and press into 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake 5 minutes at 350.
- Spread with 1/3 cup any kind of jam.
- Filling: 1/2 cup butter 2 eggs 2/3 cup white sugar 2/3 cup flour 1 teaspoons salt.
- Separate batter into 3 bowls and colour pink, green and white as desired.
- Spread over base and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Ice as desired (almond flavoured butter icing is good).
Made two versions with almond extract and without, as well as playing around with different flavors of jam. The family loved them! Tonight I will be taking two pans to the ASU girls soccer team pot luck and see how well they go over there. I am new to cooking, so I am always surprised when something turns out tasting good and cooked right! These were easy to make and practically fool proof.
Always make these bars at Xmas time because they are colorful, but never have used regular flour (only rice flour) plus almond flavoring. The rice flour gives them a more authentic texture and the almond flavoring compliments this