Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
German Christmas Candy can be shaped into fruit shapes, or rolled thin and used as a topping on a specialty cake. Went to a 50th anniversary reception and an edible copy of the wedding picture was transposed onto marzipan/margipan!
- 1 lb ground almonds or 1 lb almond paste
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rose extract
- Moisten and knead ground almonds, powdered sugar and egg whites.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Shape in roll and mold into fancy shapes.
- Color with food coloring, cocoa, cinnamon.