- 1 cup blanched whole almonds or 1 1⁄3 cups slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Place almonds in a blender container or food processor bowl Cover and blend or process until ground.
- In a mixer bowl combine the ground almonds, the 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar, almond extract and 2 tablespoons water Beat with electric mixer until the mixture forms a ball.
- Gradually add the 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, beating until combined.
- Stir in enough egg white (about 1 tablespoon) to form a clay-like mixture.
- Tint with food coloring, if desired.
- Mold or shape the marzipan as desired, using about 2 teaspoons marzipan for each shape.