Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Marzipan that can be "molded" into the little fruit, veggie shapes.
Make and share this Marzipan recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds or 1 1⁄3 cups slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- Place almonds in a blender container or food processor bowl Cover and blend or process until ground.
- In a mixer bowl combine the ground almonds, the 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar, almond extract and 2 tablespoons water Beat with electric mixer until the mixture forms a ball.
- Gradually add the 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, beating until combined.
- Stir in enough egg white (about 1 tablespoon) to form a clay-like mixture.
- Tint with food coloring, if desired.
- Mold or shape the marzipan as desired, using about 2 teaspoons marzipan for each shape.
I've never had marzipan before and couldn't find it pre-made in the store. This was really easy to make and tastes good. This will go great in my Christmas Stollen. Thank you for this recipe!
These worked out great! I made them into tiny apples for our "Apples of Gold in Pictures of Silver" theme for our Ladies banquet for church. I let them dry out over night.
So easy to make - I am not a baker and certainly not a cake decorator but I put it on my Christmas cake and it tastes delicious - No I have not tasted the cake as yet but the Marzipan tastes great. Thanks Lali for this simple recipe, The texture is just right for shaping little figures for those talented ones that can make them (wish I could)