1 hr 20 mins
nita 284904 southern girl's Note:
I've made lots of zucchini bread with so so luck until a friend gave me a loaf of hers. It's absolutely the best you'll ever eat. Texture and taste; it has it all. As recipe states let cool completely before slicing. Grease loaf pans well well!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups course grated zucchini (wash and dry the whole zucchini before grating)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1Add without beating between additions --.
- 2the zucchini, course grated not fine. flour, sugar, canola oil, vanilla, ground cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves, baking powder and the nuts.
- 3Grease bottoms only of two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans VERY well.
- 4Beat all ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, scrapeing sides of bowl for 1 minute -- beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- 5For even loaves, use a 1 cup measuring cup to scoop batter and pour into each pan at a time.
- 6Bake 325° for 1hour 15 minutes. remove from oven.
- 7Place pans on a wire cake rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let cool c o m p l e t e l y . yes completely -- before slicing or bread will not be moist. i sliced it while warm and as my friend said it was not moist. a completely different bread when totally cooled.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary's Zucchini Bread (There's Non Better)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 281.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g