Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made lots of zucchini bread with so so luck until a friend gave me a loaf of hers. It's absolutely the best you'll ever eat. Texture and taste; it has it all. As recipe states let cool completely before slicing. Grease loaf pans well well!!!
- 4 cups course grated zucchini (wash and dry the whole zucchini before grating)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Add without beating between additions --.
- the zucchini, course grated not fine. flour, sugar, canola oil, vanilla, ground cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves, baking powder and the nuts.
- Grease bottoms only of two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans VERY well.
- Beat all ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, scrapeing sides of bowl for 1 minute -- beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- For even loaves, use a 1 cup measuring cup to scoop batter and pour into each pan at a time.
- Bake 325° for 1hour 15 minutes. remove from oven.
- Place pans on a wire cake rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let cool c o m p l e t e l y . yes completely -- before slicing or bread will not be moist. i sliced it while warm and as my friend said it was not moist. a completely different bread when totally cooled.
Really good bread - super flavorful. I only made a few changes. I used half brown sugar and half white. I also subbed half of the flour with whole wheat and I used walnuts. Again, great bread - better the second day for sure. Super moist!!
Lovely zucchini bread and one of the better recipes I have tryed, there is a lot of batter to this recipe and makes two good size loaves, I did increased the vanilla to 1 tablespoon, they baked out beautifully and tasted wonderful, thank you for sharing Southern girl!...Kitten:)