Recipe by wjorma
Daughter Mary worked at Woolworth's and loved this Cheesecake....someone gave her this recipe.
Top Review by christine.stouffer
I have not tried this yet, although I have been searching for the Woolworth's Cheesecake recipe for a while now. I found one on the Milnot website. Milnot is the "milk" ingredient used in the original Woolworth cheesecake, according to what I have read elsewhere. I'll ry this one, but I am not sure what a can of Carnation Instant Milk is. Isn't Instant Milk the dry powdered milk? Does Carnation put this into cans? Should this really read Carnation Evaporated Milk or Carnation Condensed Milk. I am not up on the types of Canned Milk out there. If there is a Carnation Instant Milk in a can, I will use that as a substitute for Milnot, which can be difficult to find. I made it with Milnot and it was excellent, just like the Woolworth's fluffy cheesecake I enjoyed as a child. I prefer this fluffy cheesecake to the dense, thick ones. I hope someone can clarify the "Carnation Instant Milk" ingredient shown here. Thank you in advance.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation instant milk, well chilled
- 1 cup graham cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Cool until slightly.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with mixer until.
- smooth. Add thickened Jell-O and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Carnation milk until fluffy.
- Add cream cheese/Jell-O mixture and beat well with mixer.
- Line bottom of 9 x 13-pan with crushed Graham crackers.
- Spread filling over and top with 1/4 cup more crushed.
- Graham crackers. Chill.