Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great winter cake when there isn't very much fresh fruit in season, it is also great any other time of the year. This cake has a wonderful buttery taste that will have you reaching for another piece.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 566.99 g can fruit cocktail, undrained
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Mix fruit cocktail, flour, sugar, eggs, salt and baking soda. Pour into a greased 9x13" pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the cake is cooking make the icing. Boil for 2 minutes the sugar, margarine and milk. Remove from heat and add the coconut and vanilla.
- Frost the cake while it is hot.
Definitely A GREAT CAKE! I've always enjoyed fruit cocktail, whether plain, over ice cream or topping pound cake, & this recipe is a great addition to all of that! Really enjoyed the addition of the icing, even though the cake is very moist by itself! Many thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]