1 hr 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. this is my personal vegetarian variation of the Shepherd's pie I used to cook at the London Connection when I worked there , a little sweet lady from England taught me to cook british foods. my version of the shepherd's pie can be varied by adding a veggie layer if you wish like sliced carrots =) this version they will ask for more and like it better than the original meaty unhealthy version
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1use a sprayed casserole dish , I have a favorite dutch oven type that works great[remove lid near end to brown top] but also sometimes use big flat casserole dish.
- 2lowest layer is garlic + onion chopped + sauteed, then I add a bag of veg crumbles[like morningstar farms ].
- 3cook until warm then spead out as bottom layer.
- 4top layer spread out simply potatoes mashed potatoes.
- 5I put in casserole dish by layers=) [after assembling optional to add cheese].
- 6bake about hr 325.
- 7leftovers are fantastic, if there are any!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary's Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes