Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A soft, chewy cookie loaded with chocolate!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened (I use Fleischmann's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (reduce to 1/2 tsp if using salted margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate, chunks
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips (or M&M's)
- 2 cups walnuts, broken into large pieces
- In a large mixer bowl, beat margarine until soft.
- Add sugars& beat until light& fluffy.
- Add vanilla; add eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda& salt; add to margarine/sugar mixture& mix well.
- Stir in chocolate& nuts by hand.
- For easier handling, chill dough for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Using a 1 ounce scoop or tablespoon, place cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies to wire rack& cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.