Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Mary before she moved. She says that it is good with or without the bread. It's just a nice and different take on gazpacho. Cook time is actually the chilling time
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled seeded and diced cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup canned un-sweetened pineapple chunk (in juice)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups French bread or 1 1⁄2 cups Italian bread (tear it into chunks but Mary says this is) (optional)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- salt and black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, 1/2 of the diced cucumber, 1/2 of the diced bell peppers, the red onions, 1/2 of the tomatoes, the pineapple and its juice, vinegar, cayenne, cumin, bread chunks if you have them, tomato juice and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, then stir in the remaining diced cucumbers, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours until cold.