Recipe by Hill Family
This was a main stay in the Hill household. It put smiles of the kids face when they came in the door and smelled it cooking.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really good. Didn't take too long to prep or cook and had a nice subtle sour cream flavor. Only change I made was to double the water and sour cream so I had enough gravy for the mashed potatoes we had with it. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Nov 2009.
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1/2 in. thick strips
- 1⁄2 cup flour, unsifted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 4 TBSP margarine in a large skillet, then sauté onions. Remove from the skillet.
- Coat the steak with the flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining margarine in the skillet and brown the meat well on both sides.
- Mix with steak the onions, water, sour cream until blended.
- Cover and cook over medium heat till meat is tender (30-45 min).
- Uncover and cook until the sauce thickens (10 min). Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.