My friend Mary gave me this recipe. It does not include exact times or yield. Again, prep/cook times are estimates. I haven't made it but I've tasted it! It is very tasty. This can probably be done in a crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and soak peas overnight in cold water.
- 2Pour off water+ place in large pot-cover with fresh water.
- 3Add chopped onion, uncooked ham shank/hock, and bay leaves.
- 4Bring to boil and cook until meat falls off bone-pull meat out.
- 5Remove fat and discard bones; replace meat in pot.
- 6Cut up carrots+ potatoes; cook until tender (~1hour).
- 7Add to soup.
- 8Remove bay leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary's Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: