Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My friend Mary gave me this recipe. It does not include exact times or yield. Again, prep/cook times are estimates. I haven't made it but I've tasted it! It is very tasty. This can probably be done in a crockpot.
- Rinse and soak peas overnight in cold water.
- Pour off water+ place in large pot-cover with fresh water.
- Add chopped onion, uncooked ham shank/hock, and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and cook until meat falls off bone-pull meat out.
- Remove fat and discard bones; replace meat in pot.
- Cut up carrots+ potatoes; cook until tender (~1hour).
- Add to soup.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
great base for split pea soup you can so so much with this!