Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great salad on hot summer days. It does take 4 hours to chill before serving, so make in the morning to go with lunch.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package Rice-A-Roni
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichokes, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Cook rice-a-roni according to package directions except leave out the butter step. Let the rice mixture cool and add green pepper, and onion.
- Slightly chop up artichokes and stir in rice mixture.
- Mix mayo and reserved artichoke juice together. Mix into salad mixture. Chill for 4 hours before serving.
This is a family favorite. My mother-in-law has made this salad for special occasion and holidays. We use the Rice A Roni fried rice. Since her passing I now make it and my daughters also, for special occasions and holidays. A family tradition.
Made for Please Review my Recipe Event. Since you didn't mention which flavor of Rice A Roni to use (who knew there so many flavors) I used the Chicken Broccoli Rice A Roni. I was absolutely blown away by this spectacular salad, and will be making this for many PotLuck and Family Get Togeather Dinners. Thank You so very much for such a really great recipe it is most definately a Keeper.