Prep 5 mins
Cook 21 mins
This recipe from my mother-in-law and it is wonderful. It is quick and super easy! Perfect for a winter night when you are in a hurry! If you want to "fire it up" use Jalapenos with liquid instead of the Green Chilies.
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) cans canned chicken, with liquid
- 2 (18 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, with liquid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Combine margarine, onion, potatoes and garlic in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on High for 6 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Spoon mixture into a Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add milk, cheese, chicken with liquid, corn, green chilies with liquid, hot sauce, salt and cumin.
- Heat on low for 15 minutes.
- Stirring often.
- Serve immediately.