Hill Family's Note:
Mary and Charlie made a trip down south and came back with this recipe came from Charlie's sister. And just like Mary, Charlie and his sister ... this gets better with age.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all cake ingredients for 1 minute or until well blended on low speed. Then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 2Pour cake mix into 3 - 8" round greased and floured cake pans.
- 3Bake for 25-30 min at 350 degrees.
- 4Mix all frosting ingredients together (mixture will be thick).
- 5Frost all layers of the cake when cooled and the sides.
- 6Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- 7Store in a covered plastic container in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary's Pea Picking Cake
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 632.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g