Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mary and Charlie made a trip down south and came back with this recipe came from Charlie's sister. And just like Mary, Charlie and his sister ... this gets better with age.
- Mix all cake ingredients for 1 minute or until well blended on low speed. Then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake mix into 3 - 8" round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 min at 350 degrees.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together (mixture will be thick).
- Frost all layers of the cake when cooled and the sides.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- Store in a covered plastic container in the fridge.