- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix shortening, sugar and egg. Stir in orange juice and rind.
- Blend dry ingredients; stir in .
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Frost with orange butter icing: blend powdered sugar and butter. Stir in orange rind and orange juice until smooth.