Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A very dear lady gave me this recipe many years ago. This is the only oatmeal cookie I will ever make. So yummy.
- Cream together shortening, butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add in and mix at the lowest speed just till blended flour, soda and salt.
- Stir in oatmeal, walnuts and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Edges should look golden brown and middle of cookie should look underbaked. They'll be just right when they've cooled.
- Bake longer if you want a dryer, crunchier cookie.