Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These cookies have NO cholesterol, and are even good for you because they are made with olive oil instead of shortening or margarine, and feature lots of heart-healthy oats and fruit!
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups rolled oats or 2 2⁄3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (or any kind of dry fruit)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup of no-cholesterol egg substitute (or 3 egg whites plus 6 tablespoons of extra liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Fold the oil, egg, and vanilla into the dry ingredients. The dough is thick and sticky so you will need to use your hands to mix it thoroughly.
- Drop cookies by spoonful, 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes.