Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies have NO cholesterol, and are even good for you because they are made with olive oil instead of shortening or margarine, and feature lots of heart-healthy oats and fruit!
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups rolled oats or 2 2⁄3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (or any kind of dry fruit)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup of no-cholesterol egg substitute (or 3 egg whites plus 6 tablespoons of extra liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Fold the oil, egg, and vanilla into the dry ingredients. The dough is thick and sticky so you will need to use your hands to mix it thoroughly.
- Drop cookies by spoonful, 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes.