Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Daughter Mary loves mangoes and gave me this recipe. Sometimes I use Chinese 5 spice powder instead of the allspiece.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together including the coconut.
- In another bowl, whisk two large eggs. Add the milk, melted butter, and brown sugar. Add the diced mangoes.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture. Stir until just combined. Spoon the batter into 16 medium paper lined muffin pans. If you wish use a 12 muffin size pan for larger muffins.
- To make the streusel topping, mix together the three tablespoons flour, the three tablespoons brown sugar, and the cinnamon. Cut in the 1/4 cup butter until crumbly.Sprinkle the topping over the batter in the muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes Or until they test done .Place on wire racks to cool.
- Depending on the size pans you will yield 12 to 16 muffins. We have 2 pans size 8 so we just yield 16.