Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mary, a family friend, makes great kourambiedes. They are a little different because they use semolina. I really love them, I eat each time 2 pieces! A good thing that Christmas are once a year!
- 250 g butter
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 125 g semolina
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup almonds
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Boil the almonds in a pot with water for 5 minutes.Then peel them and cut in quarters.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until its gets "white". Then add the egg yolk the vanilla,the semolina,the brandy and the almond pieces.
- Then add the flour little by little. Make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Next, using small amounts (about 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough), shape in crescent shapes by gently rolling the dough around between the palms of your hands.
- Bake in a prehetead oven at 350F for 15-17 minutes.
- Dust them with the remaining powdered sugar when they are still hot.