Recipe by Bigfoot's wife
A spicy tomato soup with sausage and cabbage. This is my own creation and very easy to make. The full amount of cayenne makes it quite hot so start low if you don't eat cayenne frequently.
- 1 lb sliced smoked sausage or 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 g Splenda sugar substitute (or one T sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the sausage, onion, celery and place in 6 quart pan. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato juice.
- Boil first 6 ingredients until onion and celery are tender.
- Add salt, cayenne, splenda and garlic. Adjust to taste preference. If soup is too thick, add a cup of water.
- Add cabbage and cook just until the cabbage is tender--will only take 5-10 minutes.