Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister-in-law made this fabulous steak, and I had to have the recipe. Sooo simple, and so impressive to serve. Very delicious, you definitely taste a hint of soy, and do not really taste the Ginger. Can be made ahead of time, and frozen to defrost for a quick meal. Bought a twin pack at Costco. Time does not include marinating overnight.
- 2 lbs flank steaks (1 Flank Steak-whatever size!)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (preferrably lite)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 -6 green onions (chopped-or use standard onions)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder (or chopped garlic)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine Marinade Ingredients.
- Score the flank steak, across the grain (horizontal), but do not cut all the way through.
- Put steak in plastic bag, add marinade and put in fridge (or can be frozen) for at least 2 hours.
- Grill and enjoy!
This recipe is excellent.The Flank Steak was as tender as butter. And the taste was fantastic. Highly recommended.