Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy garlic toast/bread to serve with your favorite italian dish or just to munch on anytime!
- French bread
- butter or margarine
- garlic salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- dried parsley, optional
- Slice french bread into slices a half inch thick.
- Spread one half with a thin layer of butter, sprinkle with garlic salt and lay face down on a cookie sheet.
- (I line mine with baking paper).
- Butter the other side of the that's facing up and sprinkle with lightly with garlic salt, nutmeg, paprika, the parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven till the top gets crisp and golden brown.
- Turn over and bake until other side becomes crisp also.
- Options: Option 1: If you prefer a softer garlic bread, you can re-assemble the loaf and wrap it in aluminum foil and bake for about 15 min.
- Outer edge of garlic bread is crisp and the center is soft and buttery.
- Option 2: Only butter one side of the bread and place it butter side up on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with all of the above ingredients plus shredded mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and is starting to brown a little in places.
Great garlic bread. I used Option 2 at the bottom of your directions and loved having both cheeses plus the seasonings. I did use garlic powder (instead of garlic salt) and did not use the nutmeg. Baked for 8 minutes until the cheese started to brown up in spots.