Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend Linda sent me this recipe and it is a family favorite at her house! Preparation time does not include chilling time. Cooking time is for each pan of cookies.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup light brown sugar or 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup cherries, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- Mix first 4 ingredients, then add dry ingredients.
- Mix the fruits together and add a small amount of flour to the fruits.
- Add fruits and nuts to the dry ingredients.
- Chill for about 1 hr., or overnight.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 mins., in a 400 degree oven. Do not overbake.
- Put a nut or cherry on top of each cookie.