Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Grandma used to reseve the juice from all canned fruits and would add them to kool aid for the kids.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 large banana, sliced (optional)
- 6 ounces vanilla pudding mix, NOT INSTANT or 6 ounces banana cream pudding and pie filling mix or 6 ounces lemon pudding, NOT INSTANT
- 3 cups water (with reserved juice)
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice, add enough water to it to equal 3 cups liquid.
- Place all fruit into bowl.
- Stir juice/water into the pudding in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until transparent. Cool and cover the fruit.
- ** Do not use instant pudding.