1/4 Photos of Mary's Filled Sugar Cookies
Hill Family's Note:
This is another tried and true recipe from Grandma. She always made her own jams and jellies and depending on what fruit was in season that was the fruit of choice for these cookies. Best - Apricot!!! 2nd Strawberry or Raspberry -- You make the choice, they are all good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, sugar and beaten egg.
- 2Mix in dry ingredients, then alternate mixing in with milk.
- 3Chill dough overnight or as long as it takes to make the dough easy to handle.
- 4Roll and cut into circles, one for the top and one for the bottom.
- 5Place the bottom circle on the greased cookie sheet, add one+ teaspoon jam/jelly in the center. With a moistened finger, wet the outside edge of the bottom circle, place the top circle over the bottom and seal the edges by pressing down. (You can do this with a fork if you prefer, like the edge of a pie crust).
- 6You can also put the jam on one side and flip the top over to make a half moon.
- 7Bake @ 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the bottom edge is starting to brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary's Filled Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g