Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is so moist and flavorful, like a good spice cake -
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 -4 zucchini (enough to grate 2 cups)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grate zucchini on grater or in a food processor. This should not be liquidy but it isn't necessary to squeeze it dry either.
- Grease 2 9X5 glass loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir in sugar, zucchini, oil, vanilla and spices.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes.
- This freezes well and is So Good toasted with cold butter pats on top.