Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
One of many variations of taco soup. This one is my favorite -- posting here for safekeeping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onion over medium heat. Drain and pour into crock pot.
- Dump remaining ingredients in crock pot with beef mixture.
- Mix together.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.
Very easy & very good! The whole family loves it. One note though. Since canned soups/veggies tend to have incredible amounts of sodium in them, I specifically pick the brands that have lower amts. of sodium listed on the cans. It will make it healthier & less likely to make your blood pressure soar!
Easy and delicious! My whole family loves this recipe.