Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mary made a pretty hot relleno for not ever being south of the border.
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof whole chilies
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Put jack cheese in chilis. Place these in a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except shredded cheese)and pour over the chilis.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- bake for 30 min at 350 degrees.
Super easy and great taste! Thanks!
These were not what I was expecting, more like a cheese pudding with chillis in. However, considering how easy they are and that they do not require deep frying, I was very happy. They taste very good.
These are very good and easy to make. They puffed very nicely in the oven. We had them for breakfast. Made for 1,2,3 Hit Wonders.