Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This side dish, from my sister-in-law Mary, is addictive and couldn't be simpler to make. Even folks who normally don't like broccoli love this casserole. This makes an easy, tasty veggie dish to take to a pot luck.
- 2 large fresh heads broccoli, florets and tender stems only
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted divided
- 2 packages Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together 1 stick melted butter or margarine with the finely crushed cracker crumbs.
- Place in the bottom of a greased baking pan.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs for the top.
- Steam the broccoli until crisp tender, about 5 minutes, and drain well.
- Put drained broccoli on top of crumbs in the pan.
- Mix remaining 1/2 stick melted butter with the Velveeta in a small saucepan.
- Heat on low until well blended and smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli in the pan.
- Top with the reserved buttered crumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
This was Oh My Goodness Wonderful,Didn't Change a thing.Loved It.Thanks,Darlene
mmmm..I love broccoli and I am always looking for neww recipes, this was a great one. The only thing I would change for myself is I will use less cheese because I thought it was a bit too cheesy for being velveeta cheese.