Recipe by Hill Family
Mary made this with fruit cocktail but Fran says it better with diced peaches.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 15 ounces fruit cocktail or 15 ounces peaches
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 -6 slices white bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the baking dish. Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add evaporated milk and vanilla; mix well in a large mixing bowl. Add the cubed bread and fruit cocktail or peaches and stir.
- Pour into a 2.5 liter or 2.5 quart baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes.