Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
While in Bangkok, my ex & I wanted to make a bean dip like Fool Nabed or Hummus. We did what we could with the ingredients we could find, and this was the wonderful result. Enjoy!
- 3 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground red Thai chile or 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small lime, juice of
- Put garlic in food processor & blend.
- Add all other ingredients & blend.
- Chill at least 1 hour to allow spice to develop.
i have to give this 5 stars because of the overpouring of raves i got for it! i served it at easter with veggies and pita to dip and it was gobbled up and loved! i did make a few changes like i added some plain yogurt to thin it up a bit and i subbed the salt for some ranch dressing pwd aslo i used one whole thia chilli (didnt have any dried) and i threw in some green onions to blend. right before serving i chopped a few olives and a small handful of feta cheese and tossed it in and mixed. very good and very garlicky!! thanks for a recipe i am sure will be requested for again.