Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is more flavorful if made 1-2 days prior to serving and kept refrigerated. This is also called a Yum Yum cake.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- Blend dry cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened; beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Put batter into 2 - 9 inch round - greased and floured pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-31 minute
- Mix pudding, milk and cream cheese together until it is the same consistency as pudding.
- Once the cakes are done let them cool. Place one cake on a serving platter. Spread the crushed pineapple on the bottom cake. Place the next cake on top of the bottom cake and pineapple mixture. Place the pudding mixture on top of the cake and then frost the whole cake with the cool whip.
- ** This is more flavorful if made 1-2 days prior to serving and kept refrigerated.