Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother's preferred version of the Cherry Coke Salad
Make and share this Marylee's Cherry Coke Salad recipe from Food.com.
- For this recipe, I drain the the crushed pineapple and dark sweet cherries to have 2 cups of fruit juice. You can do this by putting a regular food strainer on top of a large pyrex measuring bowl.
- I had to smash the pineapple and cherries with a spoon to get all the juices out, but it should come out to 2 cups. Set aside these juices.
- Use a chopper to chop up pecans. You can chop up the pineapple and cherries too. (I do) This creates a smoother texture that I prefer.
- Add the two tablespoons of cream cheese into a bowl that has your nuts and fruit. Mix up so there are no large chunks of cream cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, boil your 2 cups of fruit juices. Once boiling remove from heat and add your cherry gelatin. Stir for 2 minutes or until dissolved. Let Set Partially.
- After an hour to an hour and a half setting Quickly stir in your bowl/mixture of fruit and nuts. Mix. Pour mixture into your dish that your salad will set inches Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- To serve, top with whipped cream if desired.