Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash liquid hot pepper sauce
- crackers or cracker crumb
- oil (for frying)
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, eggs, mayonnaise, horseradish mustard, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and hot-pepper sauce. Mix lightly.
- Separate and form into 12 to 16 small cakes; do not pack firmly.
- Roll crackers into fine crumbs.
- Pat the cracker crumbs lightly onto the crab cakes.
- Heat oil to a depth of about 1/4 inch in a large skillet, or heat the oil in a deep fryer.
- Fry crab cakes until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper toweling.
- Serves 6.
- "This recipe came from the Maryland Pavilion at the 1964-65 New York World's Fair."
Fabulous! I made thisrecipe with a can of Jumbo lump crab meat and it was terrific. I added some chopped Jalepenos for a little kick. Will definately make again. Z. Holman