Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The little appetizers are fabulous. They will be the first to be eaten up. I always make a double batch since they are easy and can also be made ahead.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons slightly beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces drained and flaked canned crabmeat (or fresh if you like)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento (optional)
- 2 tablespoons very finely minced celery
- 1 (15 count) box miniature phyllo cups (can be found in the freezer section, thaw slightly)
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- Add crabmeat, onions, pimento and celery. Mix lightly.
- Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each mini phyllo shell.
- Bake in preheated 350º F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
These were okay...I think I like the tarts to be more creamy as it was a little fishy tasting to me.
this was a delicious appy and looked very nice on the platter. i garnished with sliced chives and these literally disappeared. i made this for the family to nibble on while i was cooking dinner, but i'll be making this again for company.